December 3, 2017
Investing Into The Lives Of Others
Question & Pebbles In Our Shoes:
1. Multiply Or Maintain? Do we want to multiply (invest) into others or keep it to ourselves?
2. Expand Or Extinct? Does sharing ministry expand and impact go on or does it go extinct with us?
3. Snowball or Stagnant? Do we become greater or stagnant and not move forward?
Investing into others requires us to move out of our comfort zone into difficulties, even disappointments of investing and seeing no returns. Who will be the next person to carry on what was started to next generation?
Is God’s Kingdom going to expand through what we do or go extinct?
Are we investing into someone else?
Why? How? Who? When?
1. Why? : We are all, as Christians, are required to multiply and invest into others (Philippians 2:3, Matthew 28:19, John 13: 34-35)
2. How? : Whenever we invest into others, it must come from God. God invested into Paul who then invested into Timothy. Then Timothy goes on to share and invest into other faithful men. Then cycle goes on and the investment passes on to others. Paul followed Jesus’ example. If we invest into others, we have to do life with others like Jesus with His twelve disciples. By being with Jesus, they caught His heart, vision, and passion. (1 Timothy 1:11, 2 Timothy 1: 13-14, 2 Timothy 2:2)
3. Who/when? Set aside time into someone else. Many people invested in us to who we become today. We should do that same for others, growing as we go and invest and teach others.