February 25, 2018
When You Are Down To Nothing, God Is Up To Something.
Text: Acts 12: 1-10
When you are down to nothing, God is up to something.
Five things to learn from this story:
1. Hard time is MIRACLE time (verse 1-3)
2. Going gets TOUGH, GRACE gets going! (verse 4 & 6) Feeding of 100-20 loaves (2 Kings 4:42) Feeding of 4000- 7 loaves (Mt. 15:34), Feeding of 5000- 5 loaves. God doesn’t need a big solution to solve our problems. (Amos 9:13)
3. Passionate Prayer (verse 5) it not eloquence of words but the simplicity and sincerity of our hearts. Cultivate a life of prayer. Keep your heart with God
4. More than our ways (verse 7 & 8) God’s ways are never our ways. The enemies of God were afraid of Joshua and the armies of Israel but He wanted them to be people of covenant rather than being a people who conquer. (Joshua 5). God has to take over. Even the walls of Jericho came down by His method. It’s on His terms, not ours. Even crossing into the promise land was during a flood season. Peter was asleep in prison because he was at rest in God. God’s ways are not our ways. It is to show how powerful He is.
5. God is FAITHFUL (verse 10) Prison doors don’t open unless God is in it. The angel walked the length of one street shows that God is faithful to complete what He starts. He is not going to leave you halfway. God is for us and not against us. Don’t let go of His hands.