December 3, 2017
Prepare To Enter Into 2018
Text: 1 Corinthians 2:9-10
God has prepared the way for us to enter 2018. God has only good things in store for us.
So what do we do?
We pray the prayer of anticipation and expectation of those good things; forward moving in Christ. Greater things that we have never seen before (Jeremiah 29:11)
We need to look forward in 2018. Enter new things, new vision with anticipation and those things He has prepared for us. While still in December, we need to enter 2018 spiritually.
What does He do for us to enter 2018? He knows the grace and needs for 2018. As we pray through into 2018, He reveals those things to us.(Joshua 3:5-7)
1. (verse 5) Sanctify yourself in preparation
2. (verse 6) Praying through December and entering into the things prepared for us in 2018
3. (verse 7) His presence is always with us as we go into 2018
The types of prayers to pray through into 2018:
1. Prayer of Anticipation We pray the prayer of anticipation and expectation of those good things in God; forward moving in Christ.
2. Prayer of Thanksgiving (1 Thessalonians 5:18) God allows and works all things for good, knowing He has our good in mind (Romans 8:28, Psalm 103:1-2). In the many trials, God has a done a lot of good towards us. We give thanks with our whole heart (Colossians 4:2)
3. Prayer of Faith. We need to raise our expectations, to prophecy in prayer (Ezekiel 37:9). Don’t prayer over the situation, speak life and the positive into it. Ask God to give you new direction and vision for 2018, praying into what is available in 2018; Divine Acceleration. God is wanting to pour a new thing into us but we have to change our mindset and attitude to accommodate the new thing. A fresh new annointing. (Matthew 9:17)
4. The Prayer Of Inquiry (Psalm 27:4) God has a new season and time for us. He wants us to know His time and season. We need to be attentive in His presence and wait on the Lord and ask of Him. What He speaks, write it down so that we can read back and encourage ourselves as we go through 2018. Call on His Name and seek His face in our situations. Put the doubts aside.
5. The Prayer Of Spiritual Warfare. (Ephesians 6: 10-18) We need to take up our Spiritual authority and be strong, courageous, steadfast soldiers (1 Corinthians 15:58) declaring the Word against the enemy. Rise up together as a Body. Pull down strongholds and schemes of the enemy, canceling the assignments of the enemy. We must be alert and push back the onslaught of the enemy.