Rev. Benedict Rajan
May 3, 2020
Come Boldly To Jesus: Don’t Let Fear Intimidate You
God is still in charge, in control and is our blessed assurance.
Anchor Scripture: Hebrew 4: 14-16
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and help in time of need.
In the midst of the pandemic and down turn of the economy, we are not alone and have a Great High priest who attends to us. (Hebrews 4:14, 16)
How is this grace and mercy released to us?
Grace + mercy = God’s help for us
John 14: 12-14 >>
The present day ministry of Jesus is going to the Father to release His utmost ministry for us. This ministry towards you and I cannot be hindered or obstructed.
God becomes our present day help. We have this huge, blessed assurance in the midst of this pandemic and economic downturn
This present day ministry of Jesus never stops towards us.
Jesus’ present day ministry includes these things-
1. He is our Great Shepherd: He ministers His loving, pastoral care. (1 Peter 5:4, Proverbs 27:23, Psalm 23)
2. He is our Great High Priest: He gives us access to Himself, for help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:14-16)
3. He is our Great Advocate: He gives us the legal right to enter into the presence of God; giving confidence to enter into His presence and to plead our case when we sin. (Psalms 100:4, 1 John 2: 1-2, 1 John 3:20-22, 1 John 1:9, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 8:1)
4. He is our Great Mediator: He gives us access to the Father. The Father hears our cries because He recognizes us through Christ Jesus. (John 14:6, 1 Timothy 2:5, Psalms 91:1, Psalms 50:10-11, Matthew 6:33, John 1:12)
5. He is Our Great Intercessor: He intervenes divinely in our lives and bring us into our prophetic destiny (Matthew 7:25)
This is the blessed assurance that Jesus has placed on our lives as believers.
Being alone without Jesus is emotional agony. Being alone with Jesus is great intimacy.