Rev. Benedict Rajan
June 21, 2020
The Anointed Father
This message is dedicated to all different types of fathers.
To be a father is a tough call. Anyone can become a father but to be a father is a great responsibility.
Every father has a special anointing to be a father, upon accepting Jesus and the Holy Spirit (1 John 2:20, 27, Luke 4: 18-19)
In order to use this anointing effectively to raise a Godly family, God has given three Godly instructions in 1 Thessalonians 2: 11-12.
Fathers, be encouraged to rise up and take the spiritual authority to lead the family they were entrusted with. (Matthew 6:33)
1 Thessalonians 2: 11-12 instruction for fathers.
1. Exhortation: to train the child/family in the way they should go in God.(Proverbs 22:6, 1 Peter 2:9
2. Comfort: to edify and encourage is a priestly anointing. (Colossians 3:21)
3. Charge: to testify of God is a prophetic anointing; the father is the example of God to the family.
The kind of fathers we should not be:
1. Father’s should not be verbally abusive (Ephesians 4:29)
2. Father’s should not be absent (1 Samuel: 2, 3)
3. Father’s should not be angry (Proverbs 22:24)
4. Father’s should not be annoying (Colossians 3:21)
5. Father’s should not abandon
(1 Samuel 8: 1-3)
6. Father’s should not be aggressive