A Powerful Reminder
“and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.””
I Corinthians 11:24-25 NKJV
Read the verses and have remembrance.
Remembrance means remembering the finished word of Jesus on the Cross (Ephesians 1:7, Isaiah 53:5)
“For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.”
I Corinthians 11:26 NKJV
This is a reminder that Jesus is coming again.
The world is in disarray and the signs of the end of the age. After the pandemic, the church cannot be the same.
Jesus is coming and coming quickly, a powerful reminder of the day of the Lord which no one can escape.
““Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.” He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!”
Revelation 22:7, 20 NKJV
“For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.”
I Thessalonians 5:2-3 NKJV
Purpose of this message:
We must remember the urgency of the hour of the last of the last days.
1. Jesus is not coming back for the church (the body of Christ) but the Bride. We need to position ourselves as the Bride. We cannot position ourselves as playing church. Remember the parable of the 10 virgins (Matthew 25: 1-13, 2 Peter 3: 8-9). The delay of His coming is His long suffering towards us that no one should perish. The church is not what it is supposed to be and we need to get ready as the Bride. His coming will be unexpected. We need to be an extraordinary believer of intimacy with God to become the the Bride. (2 Peter 3: 11, 14, Psalms 1: 1-3, 1 Peter 1:15-16)
The Lord is positioning the Church to become the Bride.
These are the two urgencies for the Church.
1. We are the Bride. Let us live for Jesus.
2. Preach the Gospel (Matt 24:14) There is a greater revival waiting (Romans 10: 13-17, John 4: 34-35, Matthew 9: 37-38)
Our congregation that we preach to are our:
1. Family members (Acts 16: 31)
2. Colleagues (Matthew 5: 13- 16, Isaiah 60:3)
3. Neighborhood (1 Corinthians 9:22)